Life with a newborn

Wow, our baby is 7 months old already.  All those wonderful people in my life who said it goes by quick, were definitely right.  Feels like yesterday that I was home with a new baby learning how to feed him, change him, bathe him, etc.  We have fallen into our pattern now and I wouldn't trade anything not to have this smiling baby boy in our lives.  He's had his first trip to Holiday World, rides in our new bus, trip to Lake Michigan and first camping trips. Just look at him and how precious he is!

He's on top of our new bus, here.  It's our new camper/rv and so much fun! 
Larkin's first trip to the apple orchard!  We like going to Stuckey Farm to pick apples, go on the hayride and eat the best apple cider donuts. YUM!


We're in the crawling and pulling up to things stage right now, which is exciting.  Need to get the house a little more baby friendly, but it's awesome to see him develop and learn new things every day.
Yesterday, I finally got my tomatoes all pureed with my Kitchenaid strainer attachment.  I love that one the best, out of all the attachments I have.  I can chop up tomatoes and have them pureed straight into a freezer jar and the seeds and skins go into another bowl for the compost.  I'll have to get it on video sometime to show how easy it is.  I mainly froze and dehydrated this summer instead of canning, but hopefully when he's a little older, I can get the time to do more canning again.  We did pick apples from our tree in the backyard and I dehydrated those with some cinnamon sprinkled on top.  I think they're great as a snack but also can rehydrate and use in pies!

I pretty much use my Tulas all the time now.  I'm so happy I got them because when wearing the baby, he falls asleep and we can be together while I'm still able to do things around the house.  This is my bee-loved Tula.  We wear it in the garden a lot and when I'm outside.  I also have the Jack Tula, which is so cute with the lumberjack beavers and buffalo plaid pattern that I love.  Gave me the idea for a Halloween costume for us, so I'll post that picture in a few weeks. :)

Today, we're headed to the pumpkin patch at Dull's Tree Farm and I hope to get a good picture of us.  Larkin's going to wear his John Deere overalls that we got at the baby shower.  Hope they still fit my chunky little guy!

Enjoy the fall, my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts