Creativity

I got signed up with my first craft show of the year. This show with Macaroni Kid in Lafayette will be great.  I think it will be warm, well warmer to Indiana people that are sick of snow. :)   I always love the excitement leading up to the shows.  I always go through my inventory and think about what to take, what to hold off on, etc.  It reminds me of everything I've made but then I start to get new ideas on crafts.  The problem with creative people is we can't stop sometimes.  I'm always wanting to make and create. Looking at a scarf reminds me I wanted to try more infinity scarves this year, which reminded me I should try making more accessories like bags, and so on it goes. I may go check on something else and then see my seed starting supplies and get distracted and next thing I know, it's 11 pm, and I'm up to my elbows in potting soil and paper pots.  Maybe it's not just creativity, but an inability to slow down.  I am always thinking of what to do next and have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the moments and that I can't do everything- even though I secretly think I can.  I'll check out Facebook and see everyone talking about lazy days and how many marathon shows they watched on Netflix.  I just can't do it. I'll get those marathon shows in, but it's usually on my computer while I'm in my craft room.  Don't get me wrong, I have my nights after a long day at work and I'm drained, emotionally and physically.  But... for the most part, I enjoy keeping busy.  Even now, I just realized it's past 10 and here I am sorting and pricing things.

I guess it is time for me to get to bed.  I have some meetings tomorrow at work and it's also crazy hair day so I need to track down my zombie wig from our Thriller Routine.  Anyways, if you're free on Saturday, come to the Kid Fest.  I'll be there keeping busy, of course!

Comments

Popular Posts