Summer pasta recipe

This time of year, I'm up to my ears in tomatoes and zucchini so I like to make a summer pasta.  Pretty much any veggies I have growing, can be sauteed and thrown in here. You can customize the dish with flavored salts, herbs, different vegetables, whatever you like! It's simple, just saute some chopped onion and garlic in a little oil in your skillet.  After the onion is translucent, I added some chopped yellow bell pepper and herb butter.  Make it, so easy and great for cooking.  Take a stick of softened butter, put in food processor and with chopped up herbs from your garden.  I think my combo this time was basil, thyme and parsley.  Then scoop the butter out onto some waxed paper and roll up and twist the ends.  Store in the fridge and it's ready whenever you need to slice some off!
 Back to recipe- Ok, I sliced up some grape tomatoes and zucchini from my garden and added that to the skillet, too.
 Meanwhile, I was boiling water and added a couple cups of some pasta I had.  This one is some whole wheat penne from Trader Joes.  Salt the water and once it's to a rolling boil, add pasta and let cook until al dente or just a little chewy, about 7-9 minutes.
 Then drain pasta, reserve a little pasta water if you like.  I pour the cooked penne in the skillet and stir everything around, add plenty of salt and pepper to taste and some grated cheese.  I had some Asiago and it added a great flavor.  Bon Appetit!

Comments

Popular Posts